Monday, July 21, 2014

A Pebbles Garden Party Spring in Japan Layout

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  :)  Today I thought I would share a layout I created using Pebbles Garden Party collection.

So I have a confession to make... I started with the plan to stamp the word hello in black and then if felt too harsh next to my die-cut flowers which had centers that were more charcoal in color.  I tried to remedy that by taking a marker to the flowers, but then it felt like they both didn't match the feel of my layout.  Sooo... I ended up salvaging them and covering them both.  I covered the hello stamp with Technique Tuesday's matching Say It Hello die (it took two to completely hide it) and covered the die-cut flower centers with some older American Crafts flowers.

Unfortunately that wasn't my only boo-boo to cover up.  After running the darling white scalloped journaling card through my printer, it printed terribly crooked and to fix that I decided to reprint them on some pink cardstock and cover it with strip style journaling.  Things just weren't going my way, but I think it goes to show almost anything can be fixed.  LOL!  :)


I love these sweet and simple birds from the collection!  I finished off my layout by stamping the date on the little die-cut ticket using some more Technique Tuesday date stamps from their Sentiment Tabs set.  :)


Thanks so much for hanging with me today.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Those birds - oh my goodness, how stinking cute are they? This layout turned out so beautifully even if things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked!! I am proud of you for finding a way to finish it because the pictures are lovely, as is the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...