Monday, June 2, 2014

A Technique Tuesday & Disney Little Mermaid Banner Layout

Hello there!  Today I have a layout to share that I created for Technique Tuesday with a focus on their fun and versatile banner dies. Company owner Bev Grey has created a quick little video showcasing some of the many ways you can use these dies on their website HERE.


For this layout I wanted to have the banners take center stage so I used a white on white approach for my background.  I die cut two border strips from white cardstock on my Silhouette and THIS polka-dot print to mimic the look of bubbles.  I love the texture and extra detail it gives my project without adding a lot of visual distraction.


For my banners I decided to cut them in a variety of aquas and lavenders to compliment my photo and layer them in an offset pattern to create the look of the Little Mermaid's scales.  I then stamped them with the coordinating banner stamp, using it as a guide to pierce holes for my hand stitching.



These stamps and dies are a lot of fun and are a great staple to any crafter's arsenal.  To create my layout I used the following products:

Other coordinating banner stamp sets include:

Thanks for stopping by.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout!!!! And oh my word do I love those colors together!!! The photo is beautiful as are the girls...I'm a HUGE Disney fan.... only been to Disney World twice... first time in 2000 and again in 2009 .... I am planning on going back for two weeks next year if all goes well as planned. I love the use of the banner dies and love that added stitching!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the banners for scales! Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...