Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Lori Whitlock Silhouette Tutorial: How to Thicken Fonts

Today I'm excited to have another video tutorial up on Lori Whitlock's blog.  I don't know about you, but I've found when I'm shrinking cutting files down in size there are many times when the shapes become too thin to cut from cardstock without shredding.  To get around this I have found some tricks for thickening my fonts and shapes.  This is also a super handy trick for creating a "bold" font when that option is not available in the Silhouette software.  ;)

To illustrate my tutorial I created this little Birdie Birthday card using several thin shapes and fonts (along with the adorable Echo Park Hello Summer collection) designed by Lori Whitlock.


Check out my video tutorial below on how you too can solve this common Silhouette cutting dilemma.



To create my card today I used the following shapes available in Lori Whitlock's shop:


Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved this and I think I will go put your techniques to use in a new card project! Thanks for making me an even happier Silhouette Designer Edition user!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe... Thank you for the sweet feedback. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a sucker for birds....so, so "tweet"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...