Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 27- Carta Bella Merry & Bright Treat Containers

Today is my girls first official day of Christmas break and I'm so happy to say that the last 4 days of my holiday inspiration series will not feature any cards!  Yay!  As much as I love making them I must admit I was getting burnt out on sharing them.  ;)

With my girls home it's that fun time of year where we do some last minute holiday baking to share with our neighbors.  With that tradition in mind I have some treat container ideas to share with you that would be perfect for co-workers, neighbors, friends, you name it!

This first one is one I made using a mayonnaise jar and patterned papers from Carta Bella's Merry & Bright collection from last year.  We love to use these for sharing homemade caramel corn, but they would also be perfect for filling with nuts or candies (you can see similar ones I shared last year HERE).


For the top of my jar I punched the scalloped circle with owl from the Merry Tags paper and then covered the edge of the lid with a satin ribbon from American Crafts.  My tag came from that same Merry Tags paper which I dressed up with a scalloped border punch, an eyelet for the hole punch, a little diecut holly and a stamped "to" and "from".


When I was nearly done, I thought it would be fun to glue buttons to the polka-dot border paper.


I also have a quick little kraft gift box to share which I dressed up using snowflake stamps from two different Hero Arts sets and some red satin snowflake ribbon by American Crafts.

I stamped my box while it was completely flat, alternating which side it was folded on to get my snowflakes to wrap around the edges.  When I was done, I added little dots of white enamel by Ranger.


My Treat Jar Supply List

My Kraft Gift Box Supply List

Thanks for hanging with me during this crazy time.  I hope things are merry in your neck of the woods! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...