Monday, September 23, 2013

A Lori Whitlock Back-To-School 8x8 Layout

Today I have a school themed layout on Lori's Blog using her amazingly simple Back To School Layout cutting file.  For $.99 this layout has tons of bang for the buck!



I created this as an 8x8 page for my Mother-in-laws mini album so I wanted to keep it simple and this pre-designed layout totally fit the bill!  I kept my design pretty close to Lori's with only a few subtle changes.

Rather than use the bracket shaped frame under my photo, I turned it on it's side and enlarged it to bleed off the page and ground my title.  I then paired some twine with a Button cutting file to accent my photo.  I also cut extra circles to go under my numbers to add an extra splash of color.  I added a second arrow to indicate my second daughter's grade and switched out the apple for another cute Apple of Lori's available in the Silhouette Store HERE



This page came together quickly and I thought had a lot of style and impact for a small 8x8 page!  If you haven't given Lori's pre-designed layouts I try before I highly recommended checking them out (You can see all the choices HERE).

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this layout!!!! I may have to case this one!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendi ~

    I LOVE this layout!!

    Would this file also work for a 12x12 scrapbook page?

    Thanks for the inspiration and any help you can provide!!



    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Yes, you just layer all the pieces and size everything together as 12x12. I can't remember for sure, but Lori may have already sized it to this size and I had to reduce it I think.

      Delete
    2. Mendi ~

      Thank you for replying so quickly!! I LOVE your blog, and I learn something every time I visit!! You are AWESOME!! ~ Judy

      Delete
  3. Hi Mendi,
    I love this layout especially the circles. I have clicked on each link, but it seems like everything is outdated. Can you please help me? I also love how you do all the stitching. Can you give me any tips on that? Thanks so much. - Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. Sorry about that... Lori changed her website several years ago and apparently doing so made all the previous links invalid. I just updated them in this post for you. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...