Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Fancy Pants "What A Wonderful Day" Layout

Today I have a layout to share which I created for Craft Warehouse's local scrapbook club page challenge using Fancy Pants "What A Wonderful Day" collection.  So these photos don't actually jive with the name of the collection, but I was searching through my box for photos that would compliment the arrow theme and colors and these fit the bill.  ;)


For this challenge we were given a 12x12 sheet of charcoal grey cardstock, a 6x12 sheet of the arrow patterned paper and one cork arrow.  The challenge was to use a bit of everything provided along with anything else we might want to add (I purchased additional sheets of the yellow heart paper and chevron striped/red paper from the collection to complete my layout).

With my title weighing my layout down on the bottom right, I decided to add three little buttons to the top left to balance things out.  It still felt like it was missing pizzazz though so I diecut three felt hearts (using a die and felt from Papertrey Ink) to repeat the heart motif found in the yellow patterned paper.



To add a little detail below my journaling I used a technique recently shared by Laura Craigie on the October Afternoon blog on how to pleat washi tape (found HERE).  I just happened to be working on my journaling block when I opened my email and saw this perfect suggestion.  ;)

For my title I combined some older foam Thickers by American Crafts and some ancient plain chipboard quotes which I painted yellow to tie them in.



This page is simple and came together quickly, but I'm pretty happy with it.  The papers have a visual punch and I was glad to finally document with my journaling my daughter's crazy daring spirit and hard head.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Once again ... a lovely layout! Fun, bright colors, gorgeous photos... even though she was hurt... she's still gorgeous.... and I love that you did a layout on the boo-boo's in life too. Love this!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...