Friday, June 7, 2013

Doodlebug Flower Box Guest Projects- Day 2

I'm back again today to share the rest of my layouts using Doodlebug's Flower Box collection!



This Rainbow Umbrella layout I think is my favorite of all my projects I made.  I was thrilled when I came across these old photos of my youngest daughter on my computer that I somehow missed printing out years ago.  I diecut the pieces for my umbrella using the sized down prints from the collection's 6x6 paper pad and this umbrella cutting file found at the Silhouette store. 



For my title I searched Pinterest for good rainy day quotes and titles and I came across this phrase which is so perfect (but unfortunately I can't seem to find it now to give proper credit).  I found a good chunky font and repeated the rainbow theme with the same 6x6 papers.  Perhaps it's because I'm a child of the 80's but rainbows just make me so happy!



My second layout features some photos from a couple years ago and I was just waiting for the perfect papers to come along.  The Flower Box Tiny Tulips paper was my jumping off point and I pulled in the green and red tone-on-tone prints to match.



A happy accident occurred on this page.  I had everything planned out, but when I went to adhere all the pieces I realized I had shifted everything down too low resulting in a 1/2 border along the bottom and over an inch up above so the layout felt quite lopsided to me.  I looked for something to add to the top to help balance it out, but I came up empty handed.  It sat on my desk for over a week with me feeling quite bummed about it when all of a sudden I had the bright idea to trim off the top a bit and add a strip to the bottom with patterned paper!  I totally love that little detail now.  Sometimes it really pays to take a step back and sit and mull over a problem waiting for the right solution to pop into your head.  ;)



I layered the spring title sticker onto solid cardstock and fussy cut it out.  I had originally planned to leave it as it is, but when I put it down on my page it felt a little dark and I wanted to add some more color.  I diecut the word "welcome" and the circle framing my photo on my Silhouette Cameo.









I used the 4x6 inserts (which are great for project Life style albums) as my journaling card, topping it with a little yellow Doodlebug button from my stash for extra dimension.  :)

For these projects I used the following items available at 2Peas and many other retailers:

  • Flower Box 12X12 Paper Pack
  • Flower Box 6X6 Paper Pad
  • Flower Box Mini Flowers Craft Kit
  • Flower Box 4X6 Album Inserts
  • Flower Box Tags Stickers
  • Flower Box Doodle Twine Assortment
  • Flower Box Icon Cardstock Sticker
  • Flower Box Fancy Frill Cardstock Sticker
  • Flower Box Flower Brads
  • Flower Box Take Flight Doodlepops
  • Flower Box Jewels
  • Flower Box Mini Pearls

  • Thanks for visiting me today and thanks again to Doodlebug for featuring all my projects on their blog!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  :)

    5 comments:

    1. WOW! Both of your layouts are just amazingly beautiful! Love the colors and fabulous die cut work!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful! Can i ask what font you used for your second layout?

      ReplyDelete
    3. These layouts are beautiful Mendi! I love the colors and patterned papers for both. You truly do inspire me woman!!! I love your style and your eye for so many things, color, style, design... just to name a few.... gorgeous layouts!!!

      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      ReplyDelete
    4. These 2 spring layouts are fabulous Mendi! I love the bright fun colors (of course!!). The umbrella & the title on the first one are just perfect and I love the overall layout of the second so much I think I need to scraplift it! This DB Flower Box collection is so stinkin' cute--lucky you for winning it! All your work is just lovely...no wonder you were featured!! I'm "pinning" both!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...