Monday, April 1, 2013

A Lori Whitlock Home Layout

As soon as I saw Lori Whitlock's House Step Card it was love at first sight.  Today for a little twist I thought I would take the shapes that come with the card set and turn it into a layout!  I love how when combined with some of her other house shapes I was able to create an entire neighborhood scene!

This layout was created for an 8.5x11 album I started last year documenting the building of our new home.  We just celebrated our one-year anniversary of moving in last week and I thought it was about time that I finish another layout in my half forgotten album. 

Building our house was 1-1/2 years in the making and I was solely responsible for designing it, picking the 101 finishes and overseeing construction as a second foreman (while my husband was content to sit back and sign the checks) so I wanted to create an album to commemorate this project that consumed such a huge chunk of my life.  As my friends and family can attest I pretty much ate, slept and dreamt about it 24-7, as much I tried for that not to be the case.  ;)


For my fence and grass borders I duplicated the shapes, lined them up and welded them together to create one long, continuous border.


For this project I used the following SVG cutting files available for purchase at Lori's shop:
House Step Card
4 Houses
Spring Borders

Are you are interested in joining Lori Whitlock's Creative Team?  Is so I have great news!!! She has a new call out.  Make sure to swing by her blog or facebok page for information on how to apply.  :)

Thanks for taking a peek. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! What great little houses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout, Mendi! Love the row of houses and the grass beneath your title. And I always love your stitching detail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...