Monday, January 21, 2013

An Echo Park Love Story Wedding Layout

Happy Monday!  

Today I have a layout being featured over at Lori Whitlock's Blog using  Lori's awesome cutting files and the beautiful "Love Story" papers that she designed for Echo Park. 

I didn't have any have any Valentine's photos handy, but I have tons of wedding photos from over the years which have been just sitting waiting for the perfect inspiration.  These particular photos are from my little sister's first wedding and the papers matched perfectly!  She has divorced and remarried since these photos were taken so rather than scrapbooking obsolete photos of her and the groom or pretending the day never happened, I thought I would document the happier memories of the day.  She just looked too beautiful to keep them hidden in a shoebox.  I probably will journal something to this effect and paste it to the back of the layout.


For my main embellishments I used the heart found in her Valentine Set.  This is such a versatile set and I love the shape of the heart that is cute with the wings or used ala carte.  To add a little interest to them, I stitched the circles and layered them with stickles glitter glue and/or Ranger's Glossy Accents.



I layered the fun hugs and kisses border over white cardstock to make it really pop.  I also created an duplicate scalloped border without the holes in white so that the detail wasn't lost when layered over the fun leopard print.  The "Loved" portion of my title was cut from vinyl due to the delicate design.



Here's a complete list of all the shapes I used:
Valentines Set
Valentines Borders
3 Lace Borders
You Are Loved Phrase
7 Labels 2
Photo Corners
Flourish Set 5

For this layout I used a sketch by the inspiring Valerie Salmon
Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Mendi this layout is gorgeous!!!! I love it!


    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning! Every little detail you put into this is so worth it! Love the colors and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your perfect little details make this such a beautiful page...perfect way to use Valentines stuff for a non-Valentine page too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...