Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage Layout

Today I have a post-holiday layout to share that I made using this year's family photo in front of the tree (hopefully you aren't completely sick of Christmas projects at this point).  ;)  

I recently finished it for a challenge at my local Craft Warehouse scrapbook club where we were asked to use the green cardstock (which I used to cut out my vines), the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage numbers patterned paper (which I used to isolate the number 24) and the red wood star.  It had actually been a very long time since I hadn't used my Silhouette in some fashion for a project and I found it sort of refreshing to rely on pre-made embellishments. 


For the title I mixed American Crafts red Thickers with various stamps.  The word "for" was taken from a phrase found in one of Ali's stamp sets made by Technique Tuesday and the word "Christmas" was created using the awesome Stepping Stones set created by Hero Arts/Studio Calico.  It was my first time using it and it is seriously cool!  Then, last but not least, the line stamped below the title came from Technique Tuesday's December Daily set created by Ali Edwards as well.  Love mixing it up with the different fonts!


The banner and glittered borders were created with coordinating cutouts from the Christmas Cottage line.  The layered felt poinsettia was cut using a new Sizzix die that I picked up this year by Tim Holtz called Tattered Poinsettia.  The Brads are from Echo Park's This and That Christmas collection and the vine diecuts were cut using the Die-namics Leafy Flourish die by My Favorite Things.


So there ya have it.  Thanks for stopping by and peeking!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Great page of all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...I'm really loving the mixed font title and that sweet banner with the pretty poinsettia! Your attention to detail is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...