Monday, October 29, 2012

Elephant Shaped Baby Cards

I thought I would dedicate this week to sharing some fun baby cards that I made in response to Paper Crafts call for animal themed baby cards a couple months ago.  Unfortunately these were not picked up, but I still was happy with how they turned out.  ;)



















I turned to my 6x6 pad of Echo Park's Springtime collection to make these--the sweet, soft colors were perfect for babies I thought. 
 
I created the shape of the card by cutting multiples of the KI Memories Elephant (1 in patterned paper and 2 in white cardstock) using my Silhoutte and scoring the bottom one along the top before adhering together.  I wanted this card to perfectly fill and fit an A2 sized envelope so I ungrouped the shape, set the toes and ears aside and then stretched the elephant shape to be exactly 5-1/2" wide by 4.25" high.  I then sized the ears and toes to fit accordingly.  By separating them out, I didn't dissort the other shapes.
 
Before adhering the patterned elephant to the white cardstock base, I stitched around their ears, tied some baker's twine around their trunks and used Lawn Fawn's Plus One stamp set for my sentiment.  These were so much fun to make and I think shaped cards add to the cuteness factor (if I do say so myself).  :)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. So so adorable! Love! Thanks for always visiting my blog. I love reading your comments! :) And you should try those cookies, they're easy and so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the papers you used and the twine on the trunks! Found you from Lori Whitlock's blog - didn't realize you designed for her! I am a new fan and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Awesome detail around the ears and the feet! Your work is impeccable, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Mendi...these are adorable!! One of my all-time faves of yours! I must say...you and your Silhouette make amazing creations:).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...