Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Jillibean Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup Layout

My layout today uses Jillibean's Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup collection.

I really love the soft sweet colors of this line.  As soon as I saw it I thought of these photos that had gone un-scrapped for the past 3 years.  I love these photos, but had lost touch with this family after they were taken so they were a bit painful to scrapbook (probably not best to submit a layout with heartfelt journaling for a design team, but I am happy that making this layout pushed me to reconnect with this family that I love this past month).

I used Papertrey Ink's Banner dies for my banner and then fussy cut the umbrella patterned paper to form my scalloped border.  I love how these tricks allow me to use more of the collections patterns without overwhelming the page. 

I cut "bittersweet" on my Silhouette and used Technique Tuesday's "memories" stamp from Ali Edward's Favorite Memories Set.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Your sweet comments that you have left always brighten my day!  :)






Supply List:
Jillibean Soup Southern Chicken Dumpling
DCWAV Aqua Cardstock
Technique Tuesday Favorite Memories Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Banner Dies
My Favorite Things Die-namics Photo Corner & Tab dies
Bittersweet Title cut on Silhouette Cameo
Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Divine Twine
Prima Flower
Doodlebug Brads



3 comments:

  1. Darling! Happy you found my pin boards! I've got tons of inspirationed pinned there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love not only this layout but also the photos! It's amazing the little details you add. The fussy cut umbrellas and all those twine bows..simply divine! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...you never cease to inspire me Mendi!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...