Tuesday, September 11, 2012

An American Crafts BOO Halloween Layout

Hi there!

I'm back today to share a Halloween layout using American Crafts "Boo" collection (another line from two years ago).  I love how this Halloween line has pink in it which I've realized is actually very rare.  Once again it was the perfect shade to match my youngest daughter's darling cowgirl costume and that made me sooo happy.

I wanted to die cut my own embellishments to match the darling paper, but since the spider web was extra delicate I turned to my vinyl which does so well with extra detailed images and small words.  The scalloped borders were rows on a piece of embossed patterned paper which I cut apart and cut around the curves.  This is one of my favorite ways to add more patterns to a layout without making it feel too busy.

For the cute spider I added a little extra dimension by attaching wiggly eyes and then adding a layer of glossy accents.  The circles framing each accent were punched out and I then used my favorite Uniball white gel pen and traced around them with a smaller circle to mimic the look of the white doodled scallops in the patterned paper.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper- American Crafts Boo Collection
Cardstock- Bazzill Basics
Spider & Web by Silhouette 
Bat by Ginni Nilson for Silhouette
Halloween Labels by Lori Whitlock for Silhouette
Circle Punches- EK Success
Uniball Signo white gel pen
Ranger Glossy Accents
Craft Supply- Wiggle eyes

So what's your favorite way to dress up diecuts?   ;)

2 comments:

  1. Eek! This is spook-tacular! Love that spider! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! Very I'd say! I love the photos and the layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...