Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Bella Blvd. Baby Girl Layout...

Hey there!

I had one last layout that was almost done that I didn't get to include in yesterday's Bella Blvd. post yesterday...

I had this one half done for over two weeks now and I just couldn't figure out how to finish it, but I forced myself to push through my creative block and I got it done today.  Yipee!  :)

My layout started with this wonderful giraffe print patterned paper.  I was ecstatic to come across this undocumented photo of my daughter as a baby that matches this paper so perfectly!  I thought it would be fun to make a pleated border with it, using my Martha Stewart score board to help make the folds.

I got hung up on the journaling and the entire right side of the layout. I wanted to use this pink journaling card (I sort of challenged myself to use literally every last cutout on that sheet between the three layouts and 5 cards I made), but it had numbers running down the side that didn't really correlate with what I wanted to say. Then it hit me! I could cover them up with some circle and heart punches! Yay! :)  

I also felt like the layout was bare at the top to the right of the baby girl title, but the word pennants cut from the border strips ended up being a good solution for that.


I thought it would be fun to use the darling tan elephant cutout that perfectly matched my pink and brown color scheme.  For the longest time I had him on the layout all by himself down in the corner, but today I decided to cut out the pink one from a border strip.  After moving the small pink elephant all over the page (originally thought the little guy could fill that bare spot at the top) I realized he would make the perfect baby to the bigger elephant.  Duh!  I don't know what took me so long to figure this out.  When I placed him down there it felt like things were finally falling into place.  :)

Well, there ya have it.  Sometimes it just takes a lot of fussing around with things before they fall into place.  ;)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are always so cute. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...