Thursday, August 16, 2012

An Echo Park 2-page Birthday Girl Layout

Hi there!

For the Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday challenge, please scroll down...

I'm back today to share another 12x12 layout that I made this Spring for my daughter's Sixth Birthday.  I don't know about you, but kid's birthdays are usually super hard for me to squeeze onto a single page.  In fact there was a time where I took sooo many photos that I felt the need to create 3 or 4 double page layouts, but I've gotten lazy in that department over the years.  ;)

For this one I turned to one of my all time favorite Echo Park collections called "Summer Days" designed by the amazing Lori Whitlock. I just adore the fun, bright prints. I also utilized a cool sketch by Valerie Salmon at Got Sketch?

The Six circles in the sketch were the perfect place for me to have some fun diecutting various birthday icons on my Silhouette and showcase so many of my favorite prints from the the collection.  I can never get enough of the tone-on-tone prints so I love that every piece has that wonderful B side.  












I then tried to add some details by adding glossy accents to the cake frosting, candle flame and Balloon.  Sparkly brads, buttons and bakers twine were also thrown in for fun.  I hope this will inspire you to try your hand at making some of your own handmade embellishments! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a super fun birthday layout! Love all the accents! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...