Monday, May 7, 2012

Got Sketch? 5-year Anniversary Sketch Challenge

I am a sketch girl to the core.  I love them and Valerie Salmon's sketches are always so inspiring so I decided to play along with her 5-year annivesary sketch contest.  This one has a bit of a twist which is fun.  In honor of the 5th anniversary, the challenge was to use 5 photos, 5 different patterned papers and 5 embellishments using this sketch...


Please excuse my poor photos.  I don't know if it was the kraft paper or what, but my camera was having the hardest time capturing a clear image that wasn't too grainy for these. 


I had so much fun with this sketch and cutting and layering those circles out of the different sweet patterned papers from this beautiful Girls Paperie line. 

For my five accent/embellishment requirement I used a Papertrey Ink Label from their Happy Day Stamp and die set, 2 buttons, pearls, ribbon, bitty flowers, a Spellbinders Pennants and a butterfly die (Papertrey Ink) and a butterfly punch (by Martha Stewart).


Once in a blue moon (for me) a layout just falls together so quickly and this sketch deserves all the credit!  Thanks Valerie for letting me play along and for inspiring the layout!  :)

Make sure to hop over and see more GORGEOUS takes on this sketch over at Valerie's Got Sketch? blog here.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...