Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Craft Warehouse Design Team Assignment #3

I was so excited to learn that the design team would be working with Crate Paper's new "Farmhouse" collection this month. The colors completely were calling my name--So yummy!

For this assignment we were asked to make a layout using the collection along with American Crafts Thickers and Tim Holtz Resist Kraft Paper (see on the typewriter print leaves paired with distress inks and again using one of the backsides for the layout base)...


For our second assignment we were asked to create a sign using this wood plaque and the vinyl phrase. Unfortunately this sign is a bit busy in print and sort of an oxymoron given what it says, but I wanted to try and achieve the look of a random homemade quilt with blocks of space to house the adorable cutouts.

To create the pattern I taped two pieces of printer paper together and then traced around the oval shape of the plaque and then got my ruler out and began to trace rectangles onto the shape like a puzzle. I used the ruler so I could plan everything to the nearest 1/8" or 1/4" to make my life easier. After that I just set to work laying out the patterns so that they felt balanced. I did my best to keep the busiest patterns on the outside so that it didn't interfere with the vinyl phrase's readability.

For more detailed photos make sure to visit my gallery at Craft Warehouse's website HERE and check out the rest of the team's fabulous work HERE

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...