Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some Teacher's Gifts and Cards

I have some teacher's cards and gifts to share tonight that I made over National Scrapbook weekend. For these I challenged myself to use SUPER DUPER old school themed products that I came across when I was cleaning out my stash. I don't know why, but for some reason I had trouble parting with this particular stuff even though it's older than dirt so I decided it was time to finally put it to good use.

Each of my daughter's have two teachers so I decided to save time and energy by recreating the same card 4 times. For the paper, pencil and ruler border, I used Hero Arts "Just A Note" clear stamp set.

One on of the crop days at the Vancouver Craft Warehouse they gave us these $1 chipboard cover notepads in our goodie bags as a challenge to decorate. Many of use took a screw driver to them to remove the post they came with and put them on a binder ring instead. They turned out to be so quick and easy to personalize and a great way use up some of those ancient supplies.

On our other crop day, Craft Warehouse presented us with the challenge to decorate these $1 wood plaques. These turned out to be my favorite surface to alter. I had fun personalizing them so they could be used as a decoration in their classrooms or even as a hall pass.


And that Red bow motif you see on all 4 projects... They were all re-purposed red ribbons from Gymboree's Holiday gift boxes! Love that! Another clever ribbon re-use idea is cutting the ribbon handles off of store bags before recycling (I do this often with Ann Taylor loft bags) or the ribbons at the shoulders of your sweaters (ya know the ones that are supposed to hold your sweaters on the hangers, but instead pop out when you're wearing them). I love taking these and turning this trash into treasures on my cards and projects! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...